I don’t think I’ve written one of these reflection posts in years. Not much has happened in 2022, since I haven’t left the state, but the few things that did happen were pretty monumental. I don’t have much time where I have access to both hands and a computer these days, so this is going to be nice and short.
In 2022 I…
- Had a baby and survived the first 4 months.
- Wrote and published my first book. It’s even on Amazon!!!! ? I finished my manuscript 1 month before I gave birth.
- Updated 2 of my LinkedIn Learning courses remotely few weeks before I gave birth. Nothing like an arrival of a baby providing hard deadlines for difficult projects…
- “Introduction to AWS for Non-Engineers” was translated into Portuguese and Spanish!
- Hit $259,000 in royalties and over 350,000 learners since March, 2019.
- Celebrated my 11th “annie-versary” of my brain surgery and wrote about its significance.
- Stayed in remission from Rheumatoid Arthritis despite childbirth (childbirth does a lot of damage to the body, which potentially included a flare-up).
- Read 32 books. The most impactful book I read was Twelve Hours’ Sleep by Twelve Weeks Old. My favorite was David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Started collecting AWS resources so I can have a single place to point people to when they’re looking to get into AWS.
- Started an Instagram account. Hit 12,000 followers on Twitter, and 9,700 followers on LinkedIn.
- Did weekly personal training sessions up until 3rd trimester, and began a fitness challenge 3 months after I gave birth.
- Wrote 11 blog posts (including this one). Most of them in November and December ?
- My most popular photograph on Unsplash was this one. This photo of Sriracha sauce got used in a lot of news articles because of the Sriracha shortage ?
Looking forward to 2023…
- Watch my infant grow into a toddler.
- Update all 4 of my LinkedIn Learning courses onsite in SoCal.
- Update awsnewbies.com.
- Hire a branding agency/consultant to help unify my products and resources?
- Finish out my 12 week fitness challenge and run a 5K race (registered for April!).
- Focus on branching out to Instagram and LinkedIn, given the state Twitter is in.
- Figure out what I want to do next in my life/career.
- Take more photographs.
- Keep growing and maturing as a human being to become closer to someone my child can be proud of.
Something important/cool happen in 2022? Or looking forward to doing something awesome in 2023? Or just survived 2022 and hoping for the same in 2023? Let me know ?