Week 1 Workout Plan
My goal of this “12 week year” is to run 3 miles in one run. To achieve this, I made a weekly plan.
- Run: 0.25 mi run x 2
- Stationary bike: x 3
- Plank: Every day
- Walk: Every day
Week 1 Workouts
- Monday: Walk, Plank (20 sec)
- Tuesday: Walk, Plank (20 sec), Bike (15 min), Run (0.25 mi)
- Wednesday: Walk, Plank (20 sec), Bike (15 min), Run (0.5 mi)
- Thursday: Walk, Plank (30 sec), Bike (15 min), Run (0.25 mi)
- Friday: Walk, Plank (30 sec), Bike (15 min)
- Saturday: Walk, Plank (30 sec)
- Sunday: Walk, Plank (30 sec)
- Run: 0.25 mi run x 2, 0.5 mi run x 1 ✅
- Stationary bike: x 4 ✅
- Plank: Every day ✅
- Walk: Every day ✅
- Weight Change: 0 lbs
- Waist Change: 0 inches
The first week started out pretty well! I was intending on starting slow, but 0.25 miles was a lot shorter than I expected (just 3 minutes or so!), so I managed to fit in a 0.5 mile run. I think this will adjust week 2’s running goals!
Planks went from 20 seconds to 30 seconds. When I started a few weeks ago, just 10 second was very hard, but now 20 seconds is a breeze, so I can really feel the difference there! Hopefully next week, I’ll be going from 30 seconds to 40 seconds!
I continue to walk 2~8 miles a day, going out at least once a day with the baby. When we have help, I try to fit in a quick stationary bike ride.
I joined Strava, and figured out I could do a few challenges every month. I’ll see if these challenges will motivate me to run/walk more in December! It’s a little annoying that data doesn’t auto-sync from my Apple Fitness app to it (I have to manually sync), but I like the data it generates!
According to the app, I logged 34 miles of outdoor walks over 13 hours and 21 minutes, 1 hour of bike riding, and 0.76 miles of running over 10 minutes this week!