After re-reading “The 12 Week Year” by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington, I decided to embark on a 12 week fitness challenge to get back into shape after childbirth. Here’s how week 12 panned out.
Week 12 Workout Plan
- Run: 2.75 mi run x 1, 3 mi run x 2
- Stationary bike: x 3
- Plank: Every day
- Walking: Every day
Week 12 Workouts
- Monday: Walk, Plank (140 sec), Bike (20 min), Run (4 mi)
- Tuesday: Walk, Plank (140 sec), Bike (15 min), Run (2 mi)
- Wednesday: Walk, Plank (140 sec)
- Thursday: Walk, Plank (140 sec), Run (3.1 mi)
- Friday: Walk, Plank (140 sec)
- Saturday: Walk, Plank (140 sec), Bike (20 min)
- Sunday: Walk, Plank (140 sec)
- Run: run x 3 ✅
- Stationary bike: x 3 ✅
- Plank: Every day ✅
- Walk: 7 days ✅
AND 12 week challenge is a wrap! Time really flies by when you’re with an infant. 3 months ago they were a potato. Now they’re almost crawling! When I have some time to crunch numbers or thoughts I might do a follow up blog post about the experience/changes.
Physically, I’m not sure if I have an “aha” kind of change (my weight didn’t change), but having been able to go from running 0 miles to 4 miles at a time at a reasonable pace and still not being exhausted, I think a lot inside must have changed. And even if nothing else, I feel like the fact that I challenged myself and rose up to it for 12 weeks is something huge!
For the next foreseeable future, I think this is what I plan to do:
- Run 3x a week
- Walk daily
- Plank – maybe… I finished day 99 of it, and I’m debating whether to stop or keep on going with decreased seconds because 2 minutes 20 seconds is really hard for me ?
According to Strava, I logged 19.3 miles of outdoor walks over 7 hours 11 minutes, 1 hour of bike riding, and 9.2 miles of running over 1 hour 47 minutes this week!
Over the past 12 weeks…
- I ran 83.4 miles
- Walked 262 miles
- Pedaled my stationary bike 11 hours and 27 minutes